The Octagon heads South of the Border to Mexico City for UFC on ESPN+ 17 tomorrow night in Mexico City with a main event, that has title implications headlining tcard as as Yair Rodriguez faces Jeremy Stephens in what should be an exciting featherweight clash. Both fighters hit championship weight of 145lbs on the nose for this non-title tilt.
Also, a quick reminder to those looking for the ceremonial weigh-in show later this evening, stop, there will be no ceremonial weigh-in/faceoffs this evening.
The full UFC on ESPN+ 17 weigh-in results included:
MAIN CARD (ESPN+, 8 p.m. ET)
- Yair Rodriguez (145) vs. Jeremy Stephens (145)
- Carla Esparza (115) vs. Alexa Grasso (116)
- Askar Askarov (125) vs. Brandon Moreno (124)
- Irene Aldana (135) vs. Vanessa Melo (140)*
- Martin Bravo (144) vs. Steven Peterson (146)
PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN+, 5 p.m. ET)
- Carlos Huachin (136) vs. Jose Quinonez (134)
- Kyle Nelson (146) vs. Marco Polo Reyes (145)
- Ariane Carnelossi (112) vs. Angela Hill (115)
- Tyson Nam (126) vs. Sergio Pettis (124)
- Paul Craig (206) vs. Vinicius Moreira (206)
- Bethe Correia (136) vs. Sijara Eubanks (135)
- Marcos Mariano (154) vs. Claudio Puelles (155)
* Vanessa Melo missed weight and will be fined 30 percent of her fight purse.
Christopher James has been in the MMA industry for 15 years, Working as a ring announcer for promotions like the XFC, Island Fights, Combat Night and Fight Nights Global during his career. Chris’ love for the sport and the athletes that partake in it led him to writing and doing face to face interviews with the athletes he admired and respected. Chris isn’t conventional by any stretch of the imagination, he has his own style, and takes pride in not being a “cookie-cutter” member of the media. Unique and sometimes controversial takes are what he brings to the table, forcing folks to think a little differently about the world of MMA. He also has a love for music as he has been a dj for 25 years and his love for music gets brought to the MMA world when he gets his guests to sing on his weekly show Cage Side with Christopher James which can be seen Wednesday nights on FACEBOOK LIVE, and soon via podcast.